The American Theatre and Drama Society (ATDS) is an incorporated organization dedicated to the study of United States theatre and drama, its varied histories, traditions, literatures, and performances within its cultural contexts. ATDS also encourages the evolving debate exploring national identities and experiences through research, pedagogy, and practice. ATDS recognizes that notions of America and the US encompass migrations of peoples and cultures that overlap and influence one another. To this end, ATDS welcomes scholars, teachers, and practitioners world-wide.
- Utilize the ListServ: receive valuable conference and publishing announcements, announce your own projects, broadcast queries that may find answers from among our membership.
- Volunteer for committees or elected positions by reporting your interest to any ATDS officer or by responding to ListServ invitations or using the ATDS Volunteer Form available on the website.
- Attend annual business meetings at ATHE.
- Join the Dissertation Support Group.
- Submit panel or single-paper proposals to ATDS-sponsored ATHE, MLA, or ALA sessions.
- Let other colleagues know about ATDS. We particularly encourage graduate students to join and participate. Our 200+ membership is an excellent mentoring resource for junior colleagues and an excellent mentorship opportunity for our senior colleagues.
Visit our website www.atds.org for more details!